Deo Indevar is our Principal Solicitor.
Deo has broad experience in several jurisdictions, having also practised in Western Australia and litigated matters in the Northern Territory, South Australia, Queensland, ACT and Victoria.
In actions against the police, Deo is our expert. In NSW, Deo has more police matters running at any given time than any other practitioner.
Some of Deo’s recent successes are as follows:
- Was co-Instructing Solicitor in the immigration detention case SU v Commonwealth. Deo is credited with devising the concept of residual liberty in Australia, which was accepted by the Court, creating new law;
- Represented Dylan Voller and 3 other young persons at the Northern Territory Royal Commission;
- Acted as Instructing Solicitor for Dylan Voller in a novel application for release from prison, by way of reconsideration in the NT Supreme Court;
- Was Instructing Solicitor in the successful false imprisonment case Raad v State of NSW; and
- Acted for various clients seeking compensation following the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Deo is approachable. If you call, he will listen. He is an excellent negotiator and advocate. He will fight for your rights.